Wide Band Engagement Rings
How To Choose The Perfect Wide Band Engagement Ring
We all know the basics of purchasing the perfect engagement ring. We have all memorized the prerequisites of pure diamonds down to the last detail. Everything from cut, color, clarity and cost to shape and size- we leave no stone unturned when it comes to getting the best value for our money. However, there is another factor that is often widely neglected but contributes significantly to the aesthetic appeal of your wedding band. We are talking about the band width.
The wedding band girth greatly impacts the overall look and appeal of the ring. Read on to discover why you should consider purchasing a thick wedding band for your upcoming wedding:
Some of the standard width sizes for wedding bands:
Generally, the width of a wedding band is measured in millimeters. It can range of 1mm to 20mm. The standard widths that are usually purchased are from 2mm to 6mm. Anything above 7mm is considered “too wide” and sometimes even “gaudy” for potential purchasers, while band thickness below 1.5 mm runs the risk of breaking easily, especially if it is not made of a durable enough material. However, most people purchase thin wedding rings due to their “graceful chic” appeal while thick ones are considered funky and avant garde.
Some Benefits Of Buying a Thick Metal Band
- They have an urbane chic and contemporary look.
- They work well for any kind of metal-from platinum to white gold.
- Diamonds of large size, with cuts such as emerald, princess and opal as well as the appropriate carat do go along with them work wonders for thick band wedding rings.
- Platinum might be a heavier metal for you to be comfortable with, hence you can choose white gold or gold that looks the same but is lighter in comparison.
- Choose a sturdy material if you wish to have a durable wedding band. While you may choose a yellow gold band for its aesthetic appeal, you might want to choose a more durable material to last longer.
- The benefit of using wide metal bands is that they can be made durable with any material.
- Modest ring settings work well with thick band rings.
- For women with busy schedules and lifestyles, wider engagement rings combine utility with beauty. By opting for a wide engagement ring, you can avoid your engagement ring banging and ultimately breaking against objects.
- Statement jewelry has increasingly seen an inclusion of wide band engagement rings. So if you wish to introduce modernity to traditionalism, wide engagement rings are the true harbinger of change.
Things To Remember While Considering A Purchase of Thick Wedding Band
- Size: Thickness aside, make sure your ring fits your finger perfectly. Make sure it does not look too gaudy or clunky when kept on.
- Durability: Check the durability of your ring before buying it. Speak with a seasoned consultant to compare the durability of materials so that you can choose the one most appropriate for you.