Which Clarity Grade Should You Choose
When selecting a diamond, it is important to select one without any inclusions so that its beauty and look will not be adversely impacted. If you are looking to be certain that the diamond you choose is completely clear of any visible eye inclusions, it is recommended to choose a ‘VS2’ or higher graded diamond.
However, SI graded diamonds are also of strong quality and characteristics, and any inclusions are usually not visible to the naked eye.
• FL – Flawless: No internal or external imperfections.
• IF – Internally Flawless: No internal imperfections. Very rare.
• VVS1, VVS2 – Very, Very Slightly Included: Very difficult to see imperfections under 10x magnification. An excellent quality diamond.
• VS1, VS2 – Very Slightly Included: Imperfections are not typically visible to the naked eye. Less expensive than the VVS1 or VVS2 grades.
• SI1, SI2 – Slightly Included: Imperfections are visible under 10x magnification and may be visible with the naked eye. A good diamond value.
• I1, I2, I3 – Included: Natalie Diamonds does not carry diamonds of I1, I2 or I3 grade clarity.